The issue appears if you use not the last version of the program.
If you purchased the product at Mac App Store, install the the update from here.
If you purchased the product at ABBYY Online Store or other stores:
- Uninstall the old version of ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac.
- Download the update file ABBYY_FineReader_Pro_ESD.dmg.
- When the .dmg file has finished downloading, a Finder window opens. If it doesn’t open, go to the Finder, open the Download #folder and click the ABBYY_FineReader_Pro_ESD.dmg file.
- In the Finder window, drag the FineReader logo on to the Applications folder.
- Go to the Applications folder and double-click the FineReader icon to start FineReader.