One of the following error message appears during scanning: "Cannot open TWAIN source" or "The parameter is incorrect."
To fix this problem follow the instructions below:
- Start ABBYY Business Card Reader.
- Click the Scan button.
- Click the Change scanner link in the top right corner of the scanning dialog.
- The Select Scanner drop-down list should contain several scanner drivers. Try scanning an image using each one of them. Finding a scanner driver that successfully produces a scanned image without causing an error solves the problem.
If all of the scanner drivers produce errors, use the TWAIN_32 Twacker application to check if your scanner's drivers are working properly.
- Exit ABBYY Business Card Reader.
- Download Twack_32.zip.
- Unpack the archive you've just downloaded and install the Twacker application by double-clicking Twack_32.exe.
- Open the File menu in TWAIN_32 Twacker and select the Acquire item.
- Click the Scan button in the dialog that appears.
- If Twacker successfully scans an image, one of your scanner's drivers is working properly. Find out which one it is by opening the File menu in Twacker and selecting the Select Source item. The driver used for the successful scan will be indicated in blue. Select the same driver in ABBYY Business Card Reader and try scanning. If ABBYY Business Card Reader still produces an error, please contact the technical support service.
- If Twacker couldn't scan an image, the drivers for your scanner aren't working properly. In this case you should update or re-install your scanner's drivers. You can contact the technical support service of your scanner's manufacturer for help with re-installing the drivers for your scanner.